The Parker Hill Branch of the Boston Public Library opened in 1931, designed in 1929 by famed architect Ralph Adams Cram. The open and airy two-story Gothic building features details such as plaster rosettes on the ceiling. The outside of the building has the carved seal of Massachusetts on one side, the seal of the City of Boston on the other, and over the door is a carved seal of the Boston Public Library. The tiny windowpanes allow for sunlight to illuminate the branch’s heavy oak tables.
Boston Public Library, Parker Hill Branch
Architect: Ralph Adams Cram
617-427-3820| Wheelchair accessible