The Hyde Park Branch building dates from 1899. Designed in the Classical Revival Style, it features a marble fireplace, high ceilings, and turn of the century details. A new addition and a renovation of the existing building, designed by Schwartz/Silver Architects, opened in 2000, doubling the size to 23,000 square feet. The addition extends on either side of the original building continuing the original brick, in order to maintain symmetry, balance, and to retain focus on the historic structure.
Boston Public Library, Hyde Park Branch
Architect: Original unknown, Schwartz/Silver (renovation)
Year: 1899, 2000
617-361-2524 | Wheelchair accessible