The Lemuel Clap House is a two-story, wood-frame gambrel-roof building, remodeled to its present appearance by Lemuel Clap in the 1760s. Illustrative of mid-18th century rural New England architecture, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was moved to its present site to avoid demolition in 1957. The rooms of the house are filled with artifacts from the Dorchester Historical Society's collection, including a table that was part of the wedding furniture belonging to the Captain and his second wife, Rebecca Dexter.
Don’t miss the nearby William Clapp and James Blake houses, open and on view during Common Boston weekend.
Capt. Lemuel Clap House, Dorchester Historical Society
Year: Rebuilt 1760s
617-293-3052 | Not wheelchair accessible