The Gothic Revival Church of the Covenant, designed by Richard M. Upjohn, was completed in 1867. It quickly became a landmark with its spire rising 236 feet, the tallest in Boston in its day. The sanctuary was completely redecorated in the 1890s by Louis Comfort Tiffany's Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company with mosaics, decorative tracery, carved woodwork, trompe l’oeil paint stenciling, a huge lantern, 42 Tiffany windows and a color scheme that unified the elements. The church is recognized for its architectural and artistic significance by being designated a National Historic Landmark as the largest Tiffany-designed ecclesiastical interior in the country. for more of Louis Comfort Tiffany's design visit the nearby Ayer Mansion and First Baptist Church.
Special guided tour of the Tiffany interior. Tiffany interior design, not just stained glass windows, of which there are 42, but also the mosaics, decorative arches, paint scheme & more.
Saturday: 10am-6pm and Sunday: 10:30am service, open for common boston 12pm-6pm
67 Newbury St, 02116
Church of the Covenant
Architect: Richard M. Upjohn
617-266-7480 | Wheelchair accessible