The Church of the Covenant, designed by Richard M. Upjohn, was completed in 1867 and is a prime example of the Gothic Revival style in Boston. The church quickly became a landmark with its spire rising 236 feet, the tallest in Boston in its day. The sanctuary was redecorated in the 1890s by the Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company with mosaics, decorative tracery, carved woodwork, trompe l’oeil paint stenciling, a huge lantern, 42 Tiffany windows, and a color scheme that unified the elements. A National Historic Landmark, the church is recognized for its architectural and artistic significance as the largest Tiffany-designed ecclesiastical interior in the country.
Church of the Covenant
Architect: Richard M. Upjohn
617-266-7480 | Wheelchair accessible