This classic two-story schoolhouse was built in 1831 with a copper-clad entry and cupola added in 1892. A grammar school until 1874, the building transformed during the Arts and Crafts era into a center for manual arts, with a wood shop filling the first floor and swing and art classrooms on the second. Today the school inspires lifelong learning, craftsmanship, and creativity for people of all ages, offering classes in wood/furniture, fashion/fiber arts, book arts/mixed media, and other crafts.
Saturday: 10am-6pm and Sunday: 10am-6pm
24 Eliot St, Jamaica Plain, 02130
Eliot School of Fine Arts
Architect: Original unknown, H.M. Stephenson (cupola and entry addition)
Year: 1831, 1892
617-524-3313 | Not wheelchair accessible