Historic New England - Cooper-Frost-Austin House, the Oldest House in Cambridge
Cooper-Frost-Austin House is clearly documented as the oldest dwelling standing in the city of Cambridge. The same family owned it for more than 250 years. Built by Samuel Cooper in 1681, the house is one of the earliest examples of an integral lean-to “half house” consisting of a “low room,” “little room,” “kitchin,” “Chamber,” “kitchin Chamber,” “Garret,” and “Cellar.” Other original features include a pilaster chimney and a façade gable.
Sunday June 4
Guided tours at noon, 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Registration is required for all tours. Please call 617-994-6669 to sign up.
Admission is free.
Cooper Frost Austin House
Directions: Linnaean Street is located off of Massachusetts Ave., and is accessible via MBTA public transportation.
Parking: On-street parking is located along Mass Ave for non-residents. Parking garage in Porter Square.