What are the benefits of participating?
In return for your participation as a Site Partner, Community Partner, or Festival Sponsor, the BSA Foundation and Common Boston will:
- Market and promote your site/organization through various channels: Common Boston and BSA Foundation websites (over 18,000 combined visitors monthly); Email Newsletters (19,000 contacts), which includes BSA members, Friends, Patrons, Festival Sponsors, Community Partners, Media Partners, and other Site Partners; Festival guide (both digital PDF and printed, quantity 5,000+); Mentions on social media (9,500 followers on Twitter, 5,000 followers on Facebook), and; Other marketing materials, which could include press releases, collateral, advertising, or other promotional activities.
- Provide you with an official 2016 Common Boston Festival Site Partner Kit that will include collateral like festival guides, buttons, and/or temporary signage during Common Boston weekend.
- Recruit and train Common Boston Volunteers that may be deployed to your site (as needed to supplement the Volunteer Greeters recruited from your own staff) to welcome visitors, assist with crowd control and track visitor attendance.
- Assign specific volunteers to check-in with your site over Common Boston weekend to see if any additional help is needed for the operations of your site to run smoothly.
What do I need to do as a Site Partner?
We ask that Festival Site Partners...
Provide free, open access for the general public for a period of time during the Common Boston Festival weekend.* The official festival time blocks for Site Partners to open thier doors are Saturday June 4th from 10:00am to 6:00pm and Sunday June 5th, 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- Provide a learning experience for visitors, whether a brief written take away, building tour, and/or special behind-the-scenes activity;
- Designate a point person to be present during the Festival weekend to help oversee any site logistics and operations;
- Help recruit Volunteer Greeters who will welcome guests;
- Provide basic amenities (table, chairs, restroom access, etc) for Volunteer Greeters in a convenient area to welcome and track visitors;
- Permit designated photographers to take on-site photos for use in future Common Boston/BSA Foundation marketing materials;
- Promote their participation in the Common Boston Festival through any available marketing channels they may have, such as email newsletters, social media profiles, and/or website pages.
*Festival Site Partners are encouraged to open their doors for the entire weekend, if possible. However, we can work with you to create a schedule that fits your needs.